It’s been five years since Hivos and Fairfood started the Living Wage Lab. And despite COVID, we are not going to have this auspicious moment go unnoticed. We would like to invite all our Living Wage Lab members and anybody with an interest in agrifood, living wages and living incmes to join us on Thursday 19 November for our one-off broadcast with key speakers from the industry.
In the 1,5 hour event we will look back at five years Living Wage Lab, the practicalities of living wages and living income, and lessons learned. We will hear about the experiences of the Living Wage Lab in Malawi, show some interesting business examples, see what we can learn from living wages in the clothing industry and reflect with several experts on the current situation and the way forward.
- The moderator for the event is Lea Esterhuizen, Founder of &Wider.
- A look back at five years Living Wage Lab with the initiators Sander de Jong (Managing Director, Fairfood) and Caroline Wildeman (Program Manager, Hivos).
- Learn more about the Malawi Living Wage Lab through a conversation between Veronica Kaito (Program Officer, Hivos) and Bernhard Mphepo (Executive Director, Centre for Social Concern).
- Mervyn Abrahams (Program Coordinator, Pietermaritzburg Economic Justice & Dignity Group) and Neil Coleman (Co-Director, Institute for Economic Justice) will join us from South Africa, to discuss the importance of higher wages for workers and their involvement.
- Explore the business side with Sander Reuderink (Commercial Director, Trabocca and Gert-Jan Lieffering (Quality Development Manager, Eosta), who share their experiences with living wage and income projects.
- Get to know the role of supermarkets when it comes to living wage from Jennifer Muller (Sustainability Manager, CBL).
- Enjoy an exclusive interview with Paula de Beer (Living Wage Officer, Fair Wear Foundation) for insights from the clothing industry.
- Discover the government’s journey on living wages and incomes from Jos Huber (Senior Policy Advisor, Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs).
- Join the discussion on the future of living wages and living income with Noura Hanna, an expert on livelihoods and worker’s rights.
Ready to celebrate living wages and living incomes? Then sign up for this exclusive live event here!
What: Living Wage Lab - The Five Year Spectacle
When: Thursday 19 October, 3 PM CET
We hope to see you on the 19th!